After an interesting game last night against Adirondack, Hershey played another weird one tonight after Rochester would score three goals in the third period and send the game to overtime and then a shootout. But the result was the same, as Hershey wins 4-3 over the Americans (SO.)
- Patrick McNeill got the game started off by scoring his seventh goal of the season part way through the second period. He would later score his eighth goal towards in the third period.
- Christian Hanson scored a shorthanded goal for Hershey from the weirdest angle you will ever see (see photo below.) It gave them a 2-0 lead in the 2nd period.
- Rochester scored back-to-back goals in the 3rd period, including one only 15 seconds into the period. They would also score with 18:59 left in regulation.
- Seven seconds into overtime, Jacob Micflikier would get a chance to win the game for the Bears on a penalty shot. Micflikier would miss.
- Former Washington Capital Shaone Morrisonn would be called for tripping at the end of overtime, but Hershey could not score and the game would go to a shootout.
- Zack Kassian would be the only Amerk to score in the shootout. Keith Aucoin and Cody Eakin would score for Hershey. Braden Holtby would stop Derek Whitmore as and lead Hershey to their 4-3 SO win over Rochester.
- It was all Hershey with the shots tonight, out shooting Rochester 53-31 for the night, including 21 shots in the 2nd period and 6 in Overtime.
- Former Bear Joe Finley was playing for the Americans tonight along with Marcus Foligno, son of former Bears coach, Mike Foligno.
The Bears play in Charlotte to face the Checkers on Wednesday and Thursday.