Chris Bourque’s season has started off big. Photo by Kyle Mace.
Last week we pondered warm up music. For those of you unable to make the home opener, here is what was played:
- “Interlude” by Jay-Z
- “We Found Love (feat. Calvin Harris)” by Rihanna
- “Every Teardrop is a Waterfall” by Coldplay
- “Levels” by Avicii
- “Rebellion” by Arcade Fire
The Old Barn is back with another edition [OBHS]
- Part 1 – Coverage of the home opener and Chris Bourque’s season thus far.
- Part 2 – NHL news around the league and of course a bunch of Caps talk.
- Part 3 – This was supposed to be a segment with Graham Mink, but he never called. Lots of fill instead.
The AHL recognizes Keith Aucoin’s 500th assist. [AHL]
Out of curiosity I did some math. For his career Aucoin has averaged .70 assists per game. In the last 5 seasons that average is .83 per game including playoffs. If you look at just his time in Hershey, he is an even 1.0 assist per game including playoffs.
Jay Beagle is apparently showing no signs of concussion from his fight with Arron Asham. [WaPo]
Michal Neuvirth is hurt already, so the revolving door of goalies has started early this year. [CSNWash]
And what happens when goalies are being called from Hershey? They use a local college goalie to fill in at practice. [PennLive]
Bear Tracks [LDN]
Derek Meluzio has a break down of Braden Holtby’s home opener. (With mentions of SHoE and RMNB so I had to include it) [PennLive]
Kyle Greentree is out with a broken arm. [PennLive]
PA Puck talks to Christian Hanson. [PA Puck]
Two seasons after being part of a Calder Cup winning Bears team, Cody Eakin is a rookie. But he doesn’t seem like it. [PennLive]
Lastly, just in case you missed Kyle’s post, you should go take a look at the new Bears commercial for the year.